Neshkoro Annual Scarecrow Festival
This is an annual event sponsored by the Neshkoro Enhancement Committee. For more information contact the NEC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Neshkoro Scarecrow Festival will be held on October 11, 2014, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. View the complete 2014 event line-up.
The Scarecrow Contest is truly the heart and soul of the festival. This is an opportunity for everyone to tap into his or her artistic and creative resources while, at the same time having fun creating a scarecrow. The Scarecrows could range from small to tall, traditional to wildly outrageous to delight the festival attendees.
Anyone can enter. There will be a $1.00 registration fee and open to all: individuals, families, children, school groups, organizations, clubs, and businesses – both in Neshkoro and out: retail shops, restaurants, service companies and businesses.
There will be 3 categories this year: Families/Individuals, Children/School and Kid Groups, Businesses/ Organizations and Clubs. This is an opportunity to promote a product, service, restaurant or shop to the community.
Each entry is given a categorized sign and voting number upon check-in, which takes place October 10th 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. at the Registration booth at the Gazebo. All scarecrow entries must be named for identification purposes.
Winners are chosen by popular vote of festival attendees. A cash prize of $25 for 1st, $15 for 2nd and $10 for 3rd will be awarded in all 3 categories.
Ballots will be passed out at the registration booth and votes collected there till 3:00 p.m on October 11. Winners will be announced at 4:00 p.m.
Scarecrows on Display
- View and vote for your favorite at River’s Edge Park.
- Winners & Raffle Prizes will be announced at 4:00 p.m.
- 50/50 Raffles will be held at 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.
On Main Street
- Arts & Crafts Vendors and Farmer’s Market will be located on Main Street from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Food Vendors will be located on Main Street from 10:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m.
For the Kids and Adults!
- Kids’ Activities will be going on from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at River's Edge Park.
- Hayrides will be running from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. near River’s Edge Park. There will also be a live Scarecrow and treats.
- Casady's Critters Petting Zoo, Pony Rides, pictures with Monkeys.
- Catapult pumpkin at "Water Willy" on the Pond at the boat landing from 10: 00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Sponsored by the Lions
- Book Sale and the Neshkoro Public Library.
Live Music at the Gazebo (Bring your lawn chairs and enjoy the music)
- Jerrod Ebert (accordion extraordinaire) from 11:00 am to 1:30 pm
- Brian Jacobsen (DJ) from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm
IN CASE OF RAIN, ACTIVITIES AND VENDORS WILL BE MOVED TO THE FORMER NESHKORO ELEMENTARY SCHOOL LOCATED ON MAIN STREET.
For lodging information see Marquette County Wisconsin Lodging